Dr.Robin J. Henderson, D.D.S.
Robin J. Henderson, DDS, FICD
“My passion is our patient’s health and the art of a beautiful smile; modern dental materials make this possible. Often we can restore teeth to look entirely natural, healthy and brilliant. Esthetic dentistry is very rewarding both for the patient and our team” Dr. Henderson states.
This passion for dentistry is evident; she enjoys all aspects of patient care.Dr. Henderson finds it particularly rewarding when a patient begins to understand how important oral health is and understands their treatment options. 'Patient education is a major focus of our practice philosophy. Our goal is prevention-oriented dentistry rather than just fixing individual problems as they occur. With modern dental techniques and equipment we are helping patients keep their teeth for a lifetime. By catching problems early, we can utilize the most conservative treatment possible. We view treatment as comprehensive care rather than focusing our attention on one tooth at a time because it is always more conservative, less invasive and more cost effective to treat conditions as early as possible. We look at each patient as an individual whose overall health is our major concern' Dr. Henderson stated.
- 2017 Robin Henderson, DDS was awarded Fellowship in the American College of Dentists (ACD). Fellowship is by secret nomination and invitation only from existing fellows. Only 3.5% of dentists are Fellows of The ACD is the oldest national honorary organization for dentists.
- 2015 Dr. Henderson is named the Sedation Safety Dentist of the Year by the Dental Organization for Conscious Sedation
- In 2012 she was inducted as a Fellow of the International College of Dentists. Fellowship in the College is extended by invitation only and is granted in recognition of a dentist’s “outstanding professional achievement, meritorious service and dedication to the continued progress of dentistry for the benefit of humankind.” Prior to being recognized as a Fellow of the ICD, the candidate's qualifications and achievements are evaluated by a series of credential committees in order to insure that he or she is deserving of this high honor and adhere to the ICD motto, goals and objectives. Once inducted, a Fellow in good standing is authorized to use the letters “FICD” after his or her name.
- In 2010 she was awarded Fellowship to Pierre Fauchard Academy, an international honorary organization, which supports the highest ideals of dentistry in both ethical and moral practice. This honor in only bestowed by nomination by existing Fellows of the Academy.
- The Washington Oral Health Foundation honored her with the Impact Award as the Outstanding Young Dentist of Washington State in 2008.
- Dr. Henderson was recognized in 2006 by the American College of Dentists as the Outstanding Young Dentist in the State of Washington. The American College of Dentists (ACD) is the oldest major honorary organization for dentists. Its members have exemplified excellence through outstanding leadership and exceptional contributions to dentistry and society.
- Dr. Henderson is the leader of Girl Scout Troop 3737.
- Dr. Henderson is Past President at Lewis-Clark State College Foundation and was elected to emeritus status by the Board of Directors.
- She was a founding Director for the Clarkston Education Foundation.
- Lewis-Clark State College bestowed the Althea Pabst Award recognizing her tremendous contribution to the college by a non-alumna.
- She and her family are active members Lewis-Clark State Scholarship Club for women’s basketball.
- Dr. Henderson supports Lewis-Clark State College by funding an Endowed Professorship in Dental Hygiene.
Dr. Henderson attends a tremendous amount of Continuing Dental Education. “I love to learn and constantly improve my skills. Our entire team is dedicated to learning and using the latest techniques of modern dental care.” Because of her strong involvement with continuing education, Dr. Henderson was selected by the Washington State Dental Association to plan and coordinate the Pacific Northwest Dental Conference in 2013 which serves 8,000 dental professionals. She has studied at the Las Vegas Institute for Cosmetic Dentistry, The Kois Center, The Scottsdale Center with Dr. Frank Spear, Dawson Center of Occlusion, UCLA Aesthetic Dentistry Continuum, and the Seattle Study Club International Symposiums and the Dental Organization for Conscious Sedation (DOCS).
EDUCATION AND BACKGROUND
Dr. Henderson is from Clarkston, Washington and graduated from CHS. She earned her Bachelor of Science degree from Washington State University in Biology, Zoology and Pre-Med. Before entering Dental School, Dr. Henderson worked in Diabetes Research at the University of Michigan School of Medicine. She earned her Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) degree from the University of Michigan School of Dentistry in 1998. Dr. Henderson returned to Clarkston in 1998 with her husband, Scott. She joined the practice in August 1998 and assumed ownership in March 1999.
Dr. Henderson is a two term past-president of her local component of the American Dental Association. She was a board member of the Washington Oral Health Foundation and has served on the Washington State Dental Association task force for Give-Kids-A-Smile. Dr. Henderson served two terms as President of the Lewis-Clark Dental Society where she brought membership to nearly 100% of the local dentists. She is a member of the American Dental Association, the Academy of General Dentistry, the Spokane District Dental Society, the Walla Walla Dental Society, and the Lewis-Clark Dental Society. She was also elected to the House of Delegates for the Washington State Dental Association and was selected as an alternate Delegate to the American Dental Association. She is an active member of the Meridian Study Club Chapter of the Seattle Study Club. Dr. Henderson currently serves as President of the Walla Walla Valley dental Society and as the Editor of the Journal of the American College of Dentists, Washington Section.